Thursday, February 12, 2009

Redeeming the Time, As the Journey Continues

I have been on some excursions during this journey that I am taking.

I've been here:



and here:




And here, the last couple of weeks.




These were little side jaunts, in preparation for the big trip next week.

For those who have lived here their lifetime and for those who live here sporadically, "redeeming the time", is a common phrase. Time is valuable and the use of it golden.

The words are found in Ephesians 5. They mean, buying up for yourselves the opportunity. Taking the moment, full of possibilities, but quickly passing by, and making the most of it.

Buying up time, while we have the chance. Being spiritually alert; and not unwise, walking circumspectly and not as fools, because the days are evil. We are all buying up for ourselves opportunities to share our testimony, to love someone, to pray for others, to have victory over tempations or sins, to read the Word, to hear His voice.

I read in Isaiah the other day..."And your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, This is the way, walk you in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left." I am believing the Lord for that. That I could be sensitive to His leading on this journey and "buy up" the opportunities that He will give me. To look for others on my journey that are making the same trip but without hope or suppport.

I will be honest. A two month journey away is a long time.

I will miss these especially:




and these:




and these and so many others:




and this:




but the time will go fast and when I get back the grass will be green and the lilacs almost in bloom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great thoughts for all of us to ponder! Thank you, Margaret!

You know we will be missing you too!

Thanks for the beautful little "bundle" that you send over - it was on my table when I woke up this morning. You're so thoughtful!

Love you! Ann