Friday, January 30, 2009

A Journey

I'm going on a journey.

It was not a trip that I ever thought I would take. I actually assumed that I would never go. But I did do the preparation work needed to take this journey, years ago.

Actually, this journey started January 7th in a remote place several hours from my home. I thought it would be a day trip. A short jaunt and then back to my simple life in upstate New York.

But it seems that this trip will be extended.

I need my VISA, my insurance card and minimal luggage for this trip.

But more than that, I need a foundation, the one that has sustained me, over the last forty-two years. This journey requires a particular part of my covenant, based on a Savior and His Word. A Word that does not lie. Studying, teaching, practicing concepts, those He bought for us, are the concrete and blocks of this foundation.

This will be a journey to several new locations and I will meet many intelligent and dedicated people. They will tell me where to go and what to do and how to do it. I'm not in charge of this itinerary, and I will accept their lead and direction.

Does a long and difficult journey require a departure address?

I don't know, but here is mine....

"My mouth shall show forth your righteousness and your salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.

I will go in the strength of the Lord God, I will make mention of your righteousness, even of yours only,

O God, you have taught me from my youth; and hitherto have I declared your wondrous works.

Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed your strength unto this generation and your power to every one that is to come."

Psalm 71:15-19

4 comments:

thisrequiresthought said...

oh margaret dear.
how I love you!

sam said...

praying for you...

Anonymous said...

You're the best. Really.

Anonymous said...

Loving you. Missing you. Praying for you.