Thursday, February 26, 2009

Music

I walk out.

I walk down.

I hear music.

When I go down, I hear music. I'm surrounded with music.

First it was the skinny white kid playing all sort of drums. With his hands, his toes, his fingers. Sticks flying everywhere.

There is the old man playing the violin, sort of. The middle age black woman singing the Blues, with emotion. A hidden someone playing classical guitar, beautifully.

Today as I sat down , four wonderful black men magically appeared and did a wonderful redition of Stand By Me. The baritone was rich, the tenor, smooth, the base full and mellow. Everyone enjoyed the ride and we all rewarded our entertainers. And then off to the next car they went (even though we all wanted another song).

And tonight it was the bagpiper. Full regalia, tarten plaid skirt and all. The bagpipes echoing a haunting sound deep beneath the city. And for the last leg of today's journey, a lad on the bongo drums.

I'm surrounded by music.

1 comment:

Darlene Sinclair said...

How are you feeling? I'm praying.

I must admit, I find the music a total delight.

Be blessed in this time. God will use you in many ways.