Friday, November 8, 2013

The Calender

I wish that I could take an Exacto knife to November 8th, past and present.  That I could erase that day, starting in 2007, from the face of existence.  That the events and memories could be eradicated and filled with joy and special events.

But that's not real life, and we do live in the real world.

No one thinks they will be on the national morning news. 

No one anticipates a life being taken in their 30's. 

No one thinks tragedy will happen to them or their family. 

No one is prepared for heartache, grief, loneliness, anger, and just sheer exhaustion.

Everyone has plans, hopes, dreams, ideas, schedules, appointments, family reunions, party's, and commitments, and birthdays.

And yet, it came. 

To us. 

To my daughter, my son, my wonderful new extended family, and us who loved him so much.

And it didn't destroy us.  We ran to the rock which is higher then us. 

And He was there. 

He didn't leave us or forsake us.  He didn't despise our grief, our crying, our anguish, our confusion, or our questions.

The moms comfort each other, talk and pray with each other.  The fathers talk on Fathers Day.  Remember and love each other and talk about "someday"......

For we have hope.  Hope and assurance that one day our tears will be wiped away.  We will be reunited and joy and sorrow will be gone.  So we asked Him to help us number our days so that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.  And help us to be "ready".

"For now we live, if we stand fast in the Lord"  I Thessalonians 3:8

Christian Philip Skoglund

1 comment:

danica said...

November 8th is a hard day for me; I can't imagine how hard it is for all of you. The thief loves to steal, but we have a Redeemer.