Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Cleanup

It didn't seem quite right but it was on the schedule of "to do's".

It is snowing quite beautifully today, but today was the day to remove the Christmas decorations at 42.

And once you start, you have to do the whole thing. So I tackled the Christmas decor removal today. Then the huge cleaning project....but that will happened tomorrow. I have had enough just bringing the bins outside and up into the barn attic.

I love the house when it's decorated for Christmas. The snowmen I've collected for years, the glass ornaments that I put on our family tree when I was a little girl, the lights and the candles, the swags, the creche from Italy, the ornaments from our travels. It's fun to get those things out every year.

We had one deviation from tradition....the "turkey bowl" which is usually played on Thanksgiving was played on Christmas, the snow didn't seem to bother either team. Also, we didn't open a gift Christmas Eve after the service because Ethan didn't get back until 10:30pm but we sat and talked for a bit and did have our traditional hot chocolate and cookies.





The window candles will remain for a bit and I'm leaving Litengard's decorations up too.

But there's something that's coming in the mail everyday now to press us to think forward. BIG, GLOSSY, COLORFUL SEED CATALOGS!!

And we begin to plan.

2 comments:

danica said...

I got my first plant catalog the other day, and Grandma laughed at all of the dog-eared pages. "Planning on spending lots of money, eh Danica?"

No, just wishing, that's all. :-)

Dyllan's Dependents said...

I keep getting White Flower Farm catalogs and it is just torture! Apartment dwelling is difficult for gardeners.