Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Older Woman

Yesterday someone called me an older woman.

I was shocked!

I thought I was 30 but that couldn't be, my daughter is 33. But older woman?

She said I reminded her of her grandmother (i thought she was about my age), with my big purse. All older women carry a big purse, according to her.

Her grandmother used to carry a large purse with all sorts of things in it such as bandaids, candy etc. I guess my purse triggered a memory.

Then I remembered Thomas Edison.

He filed his last patent when he was 83 years old. He never considered himself old. He was interested in so many things. And had so many wonderful quotes such as:

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

"If we all did the things we were really capable of doing, we would lterally astound ourselves."

"The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast."

Those are some of my favorites.

Oh well, age is relative and I'm going to act the way I feel. Young!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My own mother doesn't even know how old I am...34

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't want you to be 34. Sorry. That makes me older too!

Anonymous said...

Well, Margaret, I would never have called you "older!!" ;o) You are beautiful and I hope I look as good as you when I reach your "young" age!! You're a beautiful woman on the outside but especially on the inside! Love reading your blog. It's always so inspiring and encouraging.....in the Lord!! Blessings always!