Monday, August 31, 2009

Concombres aux Champignons et a la Creme



I must admit I was surprised. The baked cucumbers with mushrooms were very good. Actually, I think they were excellent.

I just could not imagine baking cucumbers. I guess I'd never thought one could bake cucumbers. One eats cucumbers raw in salads or one pickles cucumbers. But baked?

There is one basic recipe for baked cucumbers with four variations on the theme in Julia Child's French Cookbook. And we tried it tonight. Husband and number two son found them quite tasty, having seconds. Number one daughter could not be coerced into even a teeny taste.

Kay had sent me a similar recipe that she had once tried with success so I was hopeful. And the experiment was a success.

The carrots and spinach were also from the garden



I love to see this at the various parking lots around our area. I had lots of errands to do today and horse and buggy were patiently waiting in the Lowe's parking lot when I arrived. I had passed two Amish buggy's on my way to the store and there was another buggy tied up over at the Walmart lot. They seemed to be buying batteries when I encountered the owners inside.





I had lots of engagements this week. My friend just turned 50 and some of us went out to lunch and then back to 42 for cake and ice cream.

I have awfully young friends. And it's fun!

1 comment:

danica said...

You all look so lovely!