Sunday, August 23, 2009

Change

There is change on our side of East Main Street. Actually on both sides of us.

My wonderful neighbors for many years are moving. And the house on the other side of ours will be filled with students this coming year.

People are asking if we are worried about living next to students. And confessing anxiety and concern for us that we will be so close to students. Actually, I am looking forward to the opportunity that the Lord seems to be bringing our way. Thirty students in the two houses beside ours. Thirty opportunities to reach out and minister to these new friends. A workman over at the property on Friday predicted that they would be partying in our backyard in our "new" potting shed, and that the place would be lite up like a Christmas tree. They were at the time installing security lights on the house and barn in many locations. But I'm viewing it as an opportunity to make new friends. We did have an awful lot of fun last year with a lot of college kids that Laura brought over. Hopefully, I can have them over for a cookout before the fall sets in.

My other new neighbor seems to be at the other end of the life spectrum. He is older and has a family somewhere but has "discovered" that he really has an alternative lifestyle. I'm praying that we can become friends with him as we have with the last two families that have lived in that house.

The other change is that Laura is graduated and gone back to Kansas. We'll miss her and all the friends she would bring to the house. I wonder if Monday Night Madness will continue on Judson street and if I will have any company to watch House this year. Ethan has returned to the city after two weeks of North Country living. How quickly I get used to having him around.

But some things do stay constant.

I still have two dogs.

1 comment:

i am not but i know I AM said...

you are so funny AM! You're two shadows remain a constant presence in your life. I miss you all and just to let you know I think the new season of House starts sept 21st!