Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rookie Blogger!! (ethan here)

I have never claimed to be a skilled blogger and as you will see in the below posts I am quite the opposite... i have fiddled around with the spacing of the HTML and hit "preview" enough to turn this fun little project into a nightmare! Even so...please enjoy some comparison pictures of the project we are soon to be finished with in the new york city apartment.

My folks and I (with some high level design consulting from sis) embarked on this renovation project in early 2008. We began kicking the notion around in january/february, tapped the design genius of a local designer in march (i think?)...and broke ground in mid-May.

So after 5 months of hard work, countless nights sleeping in the boiler room, countless trips by mom and dad down to NYC, hours of late night planning with my jack of all trades Albanian contactor (greatest guy), and juggling this 2nd job with my real job... We have a finished product that we can be proud of. This has been one of the more interesting/challenging learning experiences of my life....and I can't wait to get going on the next project! (42E-MAIN B&B anyone?)

-Ethan

1 comment:

Jen Fox said...

Holy cow! That looks amazing!!! it def. looks worth the wait. However, I'm sure you'll miss sleeping in the boiler room:)