Monday, March 31, 2008

NYC/Macy's









I took the train down to NYC from my mother-in-laws on Friday for a late morning appointment which lasted over five hours. On Saturday I had an afternoon appointment so I used the morning to walk down to Macy's on 34th street.

Imagine my surprise when I entered the store and it was filled with flowers, plants, trees and bushes. The flower show was happening in Macy's. Yes, for two weeks the flower shop was the main event in Macy's. There were garden club tours guided by horiculturists, pointing out the different gardens, container gardens, southwest gardens, tropical gardens etc, and giving information on the trees, bushes, roses and flowers that were everywhere. What a sight, especially for this spring starved soul, down from the barren wastelands of upstate New York.

If you can see on the pictures: there was a model of the Botanical Gardens which is in the Bronx and is definately worth visiting any season of the year, if you are close to the city. Also, the last picture is a model of Macy's with the huge flower arrangement coming out of the top. Absolutely gorgeous!

Macy's was packed! It seemed like Christmas again.

As you can see, the daffodils are blooming in NYC. But coming through the mountains and arriving at 42 East Main, I was encouraged at how much snow had melted in the three days that I was gone. There's hope!

1 comment:

Dyllan's Dependents said...

I should have gone with you. It will probably be over by the time we go back to the city.