Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Coming!!!

Yes, I think it is coming. Spring that is. For those of you who do not know the intimacy of being "held captive" by the north country's artic winters, just the mere suggestion of spring brings tingles down one's spine, day dreams of not layering and determining each day which boots to put on,(short or tall, depending on the depth of snow) and hopes of putting away the snow shovels that are posted at every entrance. And perhaps a glimpse of color, other than white. Yes, I had a little peek and I think spring is on it's way.

Thursday evening I received my daily call from my husband. The call that tells me when and if he will be home from the hospital or office for dinner that night. I was in the kitchen preparing our meal, with the phone to my ear, when I spotted her outside my window in the bird feeder. I was almost apoplectic, I stammered, "Rob, there is a female cardinal in the bird feeder!!" I tried to call to the girls who were sitting in the family room to come and see this magnificent sight, but I could not get the words out. I fumbled to get my camera out and document the sighting. And then she was gone, but in her place was her magnificent husband sporting his brilliant red coat. In my excitment I just could not get the camera to click the picture, I keep pushing the button to turn the camera off. Oh well, I guess everyone has seen a cardinal before but for us........

We get excited over simple pleasures.

No comments: