Saturday, November 10, 2007

TRAGEDY

Two thoughts keep going through my head today.

A terrible tragedy has encompassed the Skoglund and Nordberg families but.... God is good. The Word tells me this so I MUST believe it. God is good and faithful, and just and merciful and compassionate and He is one of us.

The other thought is how can we now live without Christian? It doesn't seem possible. He was bigger than life, wasn't he? He's happy, adventuresome, courageous and we need him. Elizabeth needs him. His parents, brothers and sister needs him. His best friend, Jon, needs him. And the whole Nordberg extended family needs him.

He can't be gone, Father. He just can't be. He's so full of energy, plans, fun, excitment, surprises and kindness. He made Elizabeth happy and Rob and I were so thankful for that. They were going to Malta tomorrow. A wonderful mini vacation for both of them.

We prayed for them this summer. We interceeded for them this summer. The Nordberg's and Skoglund's gathered together in the "wedding room" by the backyard garden and read scripture, asked questions and prayed for their future. We were all together. The Dad's prayed. The Mom's prayed and we cried, because we loved them both and could see such a bright purpose and destiny in them. We asked You for direction, wisdom, opportunities and protection for them.

I was okay at home today. I had to be. Elizabeth is far from me and I have to get there quickly for her. I need to hold her and tell her somehow she will survive and someday she will be okay but for now it is just darkness. This is not right. She was not supposed to be married for just sixteen months. She was supposed to have a life like Grandma and Grandpa, married over 60 years. A life filled with love, trips, children, experiences, ministries, hopes and fulfillment.

Our church is praying. Please, God, may she feel your presence, your nearness, your protection, your love.

The boys are coming. Come quickly my three big, strong, young sons. We need you. We need to hold each other. We need to be together.

The Skoglunds are coming. Parents are not supposed to outlive their children. It's not right. Please, Father God, comfort Kay. Surround her, emcompass her, pour out your healing power on her. She loved him. She raised him, she nurtured him and prayed for him. She knows his stories, fun, naughty, mischievious. He's part of them and they need him. He's their strong, big brother.

Elizabeth, we are coming.... but Jesus is there with you now. Embrace her Lord. Protect her heart. Help Jon, he's hurting so much and we can't be there for him. We need to be together now.

I was okay at home. But I'm not okay now. I have been crying since we have left home and we are almost to Paris now. It has been ten hours and I'm crying and weeping in the midst of hundreds of strangers, who don't know me or Elizabeth or our precious Christian. I'm weeping because Elizabeth's time with Christian was too short. None of us got enough time with him. I'm weeping now because my precious, precious daughters heart is breaking now and Dad and I can not get there quick enough. Will our hearts ever mend? The airline attendants have been so nice. They've brought me kleenex, and extra water, poems written for servicemen and a leather journal to write my thoughts on.

Tragedy happens to other people. People that you see on the news. Not to us. Not to my precious girl. Not to a family I've come to love and appreciate. Tragedy doesnt' come to Christian. NO, NO, NO but it has and I almost can't bear it. It is too much Lord.
(written on the flights to Paris)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret,

This morning we gathered togeher and wept as the Body of Christ. We joined hearts and hands and prayed for your broken hearts. We will not stop.
We also showed a beautiful slideshow that contained many wonderful pictures of Christian and those he loved. It was beautiful. Simply beautiful; just like Christian's life.

I love you.
Jude

abigaildaniels said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. In the midst of this dark, dark time for you and those that you love so very dearly, I hear words of faith and hope that can only come from years of walking with the Lord.

We have been praying for all of you As Judy said, the whole church body is lifting you up. We love you!

Abby Daniels

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while searching for an address where we can send flowers. My husband and I knew Christian from them being in flight school together. We have many friends who would like to let his wife and family know we care and are praying for them. Please email me, Bobbi McCormick at mrsmac08@yahoo.com when you have a moment. You are all in our prayers!