Friday, November 30, 2007

Bearing Precious Seed

We are leaving Italy and flying back to the States in the morning. Elizabeth will be going back to her "home of record" as they say in the military.

And she comes back bearing seed.

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goes forth and weeps, bearing precious seed,
shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
bringing his sheaves with him.
Pslam 126:5,6

I expect that we are all bearing precious seed. Our hearts are tender with all the tears and sorrows that have flowed not only from our eyes but from the depths of our souls. We have sown in tears, we have gone forth and wept. And so I believe that we will reap in joy and we will come again with rejoicing. If the first is true, I can trust that the result will be true. He tells me that we do not have to doubt that it will come, so we will not doubt. We will wait for it.

I do not know what the precious seed that has been deposited in our hearts is exactly. And I think it may be different for each one of us. But I know that God calls it precious. We must guard it and nourish it. We must spend some quiet time alone with our hearts and the Lord. No, perhaps we will need to spend much time alone with the Lord, and then in the fellowship of other believers so that we encourage each other, sustain each other and experience what the rest of the psalm promises, singing, laughter, gladness and rejoicing. I know that He will cause this precious seed to grow and develop and produce fruit. And we will come again......

Love from Italy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you leave, many prayers are following you home. There are many back here in the states who are ready to enfold you (both families) in love and tears and prayers and laughter and help and hope.
Blessings--
Katie Weidner Doolen, Milwaukee

Anonymous said...

Praying in love for your safe travels during this bittersweet time...S

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on that Psalm. Everything means a little more now, doesn't it? My sister and I are looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Be safe.

Randi Oldham

Quinne said...

Hi :) May I give you a hug and whisper, "Yes! It is true!"

The missing is forever as long as we remain, but oh! the joy does come - it does :)

That joy is my every day, and HOW I thank the Father for what He has done. Love to you, Q

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful promise. Thank you for sharing that. We are here waiting for you and Liz. We love you, Margaret.
Judy Tomford

Anonymous said...

Margaret ~ I read this passage in my time with God's word this morning. As soon as the words left the page, my heart jumped and I remembered your promise of bearing precious seed.
Here is God's promise of what He will do with that precious seed.
Isaiah 41:18-20
"I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs.

I will put in the desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive. I will set pines in the wasteland, the fir and the cypress together,

so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it."

God will do the unexpected - unimaginable - impossible with the precious seeds your Liz carries. All this that we might see the Mighty work of His Hand. I see it already in your written testimony, and that lived out by the Skoglund family.

We love you!