Saturday, January 28, 2012

"We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends"

Or a lot of help!

My family and friends have been just wonderful this week! Calls, notes, visits, cards, dinners, trips to the orthopedic surgeon and a much needed visit to the Carina's, a wonderful young lady serving as Innkeeper this week, and a big package filled with yoga pants and valentine pj's from my girl in Atlanta!!

And it culminated in a call from two dear friends wanting to come over and play games with us, and keep us company on Friday night! So much fun!



We decided to play Scrabble. Rob and I needing to get our brain waves going, after not being able to bring up a word that we knew from 6th grade! The finger covering some of the board is hiding a word that I put on. I had certain letters and asked if that particular selection was a word. Colin looked it up and assured us it was a word. Unbeknowns to the rest of us, it was a very offensive word, and he suggested that we cover it before we took the picture. I still don't know the definition!



And Colin, who had never played SCRABBLE before, trounced us all!

And then it was on to speed Scrabble. Ann suggested we all play with one hand, so has not to have an unfair advantage over me. But I've been practicing all week doing things one handed, so I think the advantage was mine.

Then the three of them trooped over to 44 to set up for today's breakfast.

I think it's more than getting by......

No comments: