Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nostalgia

I'm cleaning out the old china cabinet that has lived on the second floor, in the hallway for 27 years.

It's filled with books, photo albums, baby books and the children's old school memorabilia. Not china.

We must have done a poetry unit in homeschool. I had a cassette tape of 6th grade poetry I showed Carol last night. She actually knew what a "tape" was and mentioned that she might like it for when she home schools Warren, but she wouldn't be able to play it.

At least she didn't say we were ancient! But, neither did she didn't jump at the offer that Rob made that she could take one of our many tape decks residing downstairs!

After looking through Ethan's poetry journal I was was really moved by some of his entries. I thought I would share a few selections from a 10 year old.

The ice covers the window
Like the current of a river
Held still in time


Through the woods they trudged,
the two boys walked together;
Close, as though not to get lost
whereas, seperation could be worse.
Together in a world
unknown to them.
Yet tried everyday by the common person.

I think this one is really profound.

No comments: