Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Sacredness.......

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but power. They speak more eloquently that ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love."
Washington Irving

Reflecting on life this morning, I say this is true.

Overwhelming grief at the loss of a life so young and the possibility of a wonderful new family filled with adventure, love, stories, vacations and children. The loss of a sister not old enough to go and parents who were so special.

Deep contrition over actions and inactions. Over words said and words not said. Over sin and self focus.

And unspeakable love.....That my God has for me and I for Him. A love so bold and deep that my Savior gave His life for me. A husband's love experienced and a fountain of love; so strong, so powerful, flowing continuously to four beautiful, wonderful blessings.

No comments: