Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Week

This is our week.

A serious week. A week we celebrate. A week we remember. A week we reflect.

Our freedom, our deliverance, our redemption.

I'm reading the last chapters of John this week.

In preparation.

I am challenged in so many ways. Jesus's love for us, for me. What He did, from love, because He is love, for me and my family.

Jesus, Love Incarnate. The Father's love gave Him, His coming was a mission of love. His whole life was love and giving. His death was love's divine seal.

His one commandment to us, a new commandment, was that we love one another, as He has loved us.

The chief trait would be His likeness.

The irresistible proof to the world of His mission would be the love of His followers for each other.

And the Spirit that comes from Him to us is the very Spirit that raised Him from the dead and teaches us of his self-sacrificing love, teaching us to live and die for others as He did.

"As the Father has loved me, so have I love you; continue in my love" John 15:9

No comments: