Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A New Generation

We have a new beginning. A new generation.

My neice gave birth to a lovely healthy girl yesterday evening. She is the spitting image of Kristen.

And my sister and mom would have been thrilled to say the least.

My mom was the BEST grandmother ever. Wouldn't she have loved to be a great grandmother as her mom had the chance to be. And my sister loved her three girls beyond measure and would have taken this role of grandmother on with the intensity and exuberence that she had as a mother.

I pray that the wonderful qualities and love of family would be revealed and demonstrated in this new little life. I pray that she would sense early how important she is to this extended family and that she would be lead of the Lord all the days of her life.

2 comments:

danica said...

Congratulations. That's so very exciting!

abigaildaniels said...

I saw the photos on Laura's site. She is beautiful. Congratulations "Great" Aunt Margaret!