Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Birthday Card

I received a card recently that said "Happy 60th Birthday".

What? No way!

I know that I have been in the card store looking at those cards which read, "Happy 60th Birthday, Happy 70th Birthday, Happy 80th Birthday, and even Happy 100 Birthday. (Lots of people are now reaching centenarian status) Those cards are for old people and I'm only 30 aren't I?

Oh, no, wait. I guess I can't be since I have a 32 year old daughter and Ethan was born when I was 35 years old. Can I really be 60?

Okay, I guess I am sixty, but I'm going to feel closer to 30, actually I think I have more energy now then when I was in my thirties.

Rob and Elizabeth, with the help of Laura, gave me a wonderful surprise party on Sunday. They invited all my special church family to help celebrate the event. We had an elegant dinner at the 1844 House with live jazz music. Carina sang several old favorites in between the dinner courses. The best part for me was when everyone stared to share our joint experiences. I was so touched and moved. Our 22 years here have certainly been ones of fun, ministry, growth and fantastic relationships with a group of families that I will continue to fellowship with thoughout eternity. And it certainly has been a great start. Where would I be without all of you!

I was certainly surprised!




They made a wonderful chocolate creation with a birthday sentiment. It was yummy!



Elizabeth had lovely fall flower arrangements of each table, and candles all around. It was beautiful.



On the actual date of my birthday, the 18th, Elizabeth had luncheon for my birthday group plus a few old friends and a few younger ones, at her new home. Flowers, gorgeous tables all decked out with fall finery, magnificent food, fellowship and gifts made for the best birthday ever. We even found someone (initials MD, not the doctor) who could patiently get the woodstove going and we were toasty warm as Laura, Liz and I relaxed the rest of the day into the evening.

Thanks everyone for an absolutely WONDERFUL 60th birthday!

No comments: