Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

It's a beautiful sunny day here.

The dozens of lilacs; deep purple, lavender, white, light blue, which have defined some yard boundaries, emit lovely, sweet strong scents.

And I'm so thankful that God has called me to be a mother. And that I have four unique wonderful children. But now they are adults, (still my children) and I'm blessed.

So many memories from years past.

Elizabeth, a young girl so strong and determined in her faith. Singing and worshiping at age 5, standing beside me as I was teaching a monthly Bible study in my home. Reading books on faith that her Grandfather brought for her dad and I to read.

Jon and Christian riding home from a visit to a nearby town in Pennsylvania, inquiring about God and Jesus. Arriving home and asking Rob and I to lead them to Christ. Kneeling with them and praying. Watching them grow in grace and truth. My gentle, creative and sensitive sons.

Ethan, so full of fun and energy and joy, every minute of his childhood. A person others are drawn to and delight in. Wanting to live intentionally for the Lord, now in a postion, in THE city to do so, and have great impact.

And I think of the scripture and know it is true:

"Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!"

Yes, and amen!!

No comments: