Monday, May 19, 2008

The Garden




"It is not what a man does that determines whether his work is sacred or secular, it is why he does it." A.W. Tozer

The backyard garden, planned for a wedding. A response to the love two people were pursuing, developing, growing.

The garden would be the venue for the reception. The celebration after the vows of commitment to each other, the Lord, and the family and friends who had witnessed the union. Beautiful music, delicious food, laughter, stories, prayers, dancing, fun.

And so I continue to create, plan, work, and appreciate the garden God has given me. Started in response to the love of two people and continued to reflect the wonder of life Father has given us. I see His interest in beauty, I learn more about plants and their response to their environment, I dream of different elements that would enhance the garden. It is where I go out to in the morning to read, study, be quiet, and listen.

So I extend an invitation to come sit in my garden with me, those that are passing by on a warm sunny day. Let us tell stories of God's goodness, see His creative beauty in the flowers, trees and shrubs, walk on the brick paths, rest on the sofas and chairs, listen to lovely music, laugh, drink cool rasberry ice tea and enjoy each other for a brief moment.

"Let a man sanctify the Lord in his heart and he can thereafter do no common act. For such a man, living itself will be sacramental and the whole world a sanctuary. His entire life will be a priestly ministration." A.W.Tozer

2 comments:

Quinne said...

Hi :) What a lovely picture in my mind! A special place, cultivated with love and joy and such hope. Hands and heart working it still. And an invitation... What a beautiful garden. Love, Q

Darlene Sinclair said...

Wonderful, wonderful quotes by Tozer. Beautiful contemplations. Thank you.