Sunday, October 14, 2007

Omniscient and Omnipotent

This week I felt like Elisha must have felt when the Lord let him in on the secrets of the Syrian army, warring against the Israelites. Elisha found out the Syrian army's strategies and then communicated them to the king of Israel. God is interested in His own!!! Wow, the Lord is real, present, personal and able to protect us. He is our advocate, our defender. Rob and I were interested in getting into a new ventrue. We had researched, investigated, prayed for wisdom and then agreed to proceed. After some strange and unusual circumstances, it was revealed to us that there was a big disception and we were saved from a potentially negative situation. Proverbs 2:6-8, "For the Lord gives wisdom; out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. He lays up sound wisdom for the righteous; he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keeps the paths of judgment, and perserves the way of his saints." We can trust our God! He preserves our way. In Proverbs 8 it tells us that wisdom cries at the gates. God is so anxious and interested to share in our lives; protect us and give us a good and expected end. He is for us and not against us- always wanting the best for us. Thank you, my Father, for always coming along side us in whatever situation we are in, to guide, protect and instruct us. We really appreciate the personal interest, I'm always amazed when his hand is seen in my reality. A P.S., I'm here and I love you. Rob also had a personal testimony of God's instruction and guidance in the OR but, I will let him share that experience. I will say that he had the opportunity to share with his OR team about the Lord.

Andy, Carol, Laura, Rob and I had dinner together last night and afterwards Laura and I taught Andy and Carol canasta. Another couple to join our Canasta ranks. We did clarify a rule that one Christian S had disputed with us on other occassions. And we have it in black and white from the rule book!

This coming week will be really busy here in Canton. Tonight is our coalition meeting in preparation for going to the Village Board meeting tomorrow. The Governors visit last week was successful and interesting. We got over 1000 signatures for our petition and people are still signing. Letters to the editor are being written every week. I understand that my friends and family in NYC are circulating petitions. The big green signs, SAVE HISTORIC CANTON, all up and down Main street were visually engaging and definately eye catching. One of the Village board members came while I was mowing the lawn on Saturday and we had a nice chat. Tuesday is the day my birthday friends group is having lunch at the Black Bird Cafe and then back here for cake. I'm making a new recipe, which Carol and Laura found, so I hope it is good! Tuesday night Mary and Henry are coming for instruction in English and the Book of Mark. Henry told me today he wants to get baptized next Sunday. I met a new Chinese couple in church today. He is a mathematics teacher at Canton College and they may join us for the evening. I've also discovered that one of my neighbors in the apartments next door is a single Chinese lady who would like to come over for some fellowship. What's going on Lord? And so the rest of the week evolves with appointments, preparations for Carol's shower on the 22 and for our Italy trip, winterizing the flower beds here in Canton and at camp, putting in storm windows, etc....

Laura and I had a great time with Aunt Joan and Laura's friends Steph and Mick. No pics yet but we went to the Duke gardens, (surprise, surprise. who would have thought gardens) and to the big mall X 3 but little shopping was done. Had great ribs for dinner one night and two nice meals with Joey and Laura's friends. We taught Steph, Mick, Joey and Joan speed scrabble, so the ever increasing circle of the Skoglunds speed scrabble goes on.

God is good and I trust everyone will have a great week.

No comments: