Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NYC

I have come to the city when every other important person in the world is here. It boggles my mind to think of the organization that had to be done to coordinate having all the leaders of the world here speaking at the UN. NYC is really the greatest city in the world. I'm sure some people would take issue with that perspective though. There are helicopers constantly circling Ethan's apartment, two policeman in front of his building and three to four NYC policemen on every corner for blocks around. Streets are blocked off and all manner of huge police vechicles parked on streets, in alley ways and on any free space available. The two policemen in front of 155 were friendly and when asked if the President was staying close by, confirmed that assessment but would not reveal the location of the hotel or condo. It took me over an hour and a half to get from the West Side Drive over to the east side yesterday. I have never seen so many police or big black vechicles in my life. It's sort of exciting, but I'm not getting the car out again until I leave. It's fun to just walk around the city anyway and the weather is just beautiful for jaunts to the market and perhaps Macy's later on. This is 180 degrees change from the peaceful lake and watching loons quietly swim from shore that Rob, Christian and I experienced on Sunday.

2 comments:

Dyllan's Dependents said...

Did you look at the apartment yet?

Jon Nordberg said...

why are you in the city?