Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall Friday afternoon


Fall in upstate New York is a beautiful time of the year. It has been unseasonably warm this week so I've had plenty of opportunity to enjoy my post wedding patios, walkways, flowers and garden room. I'm constantly thanking the Lord for giving me such a lovely home and garden to experience His presence, read the Word, pray and pursue my interests in reading, gardening and perhaps planning a new home out on the river. Laura and Carol have joined our home for a season and it has been so much fun. Laura has taught me so much about how to use this new communication technique, the Blog. So now I can even incorporate pictures for all those that are not in residence. Tomorrow perhaps I can capture the "project" that we are engaged in out at camp so everyone can keep up on it's progress.

4 comments:

i am not but i know I AM said...

It looks so good Aunt Margaret! I am looking forward to all the insights that are to come.

Jen Fox said...

Yeah! I'm glad you created a blog! it will be fun to keep updated more. Can't wait to see how the camp project is going.

Dyllan's Dependents said...

mom,

looks great. Now you just have to write on a regular basis. Love you Liz

Linda said...

Margaret and Bob,
It is Linda Casserly -

I have been away this past month dealing with the death of my father and then his wife and just heard the news yesterday about Christian from Sue Blewett.

Her son Kenny is in Iraq and Keith in Afghanistan. Then Sue sent me your blog page today....
I had the wonderful experience and pleasure of doing Liz and Christian's marriage license. I could just sense the LOVE they shared. I sense that positive love in just a few couples these days that I do marriage licenses for.

After reading your page entries for the last four days, my heart bleeds and all the grief of Justin's death came tumbling back. It is not natural for parents to bury their children. It is against all of life's natural progression.

I think of Liz and the life they would have shared. I am so saddened as all the Casserly's are for your family and Chriatian's.
When Justin died, Paula Jensen Moulton came down right away and shared this thought:
We are all ideas in God's plans, some are great ideas, and Christian and all the young people dying in this war, are those great IDEAS, and no one can take that away from his family and dear Liz.

The words are hard to come by for what you are going through as a mother, but I shre in that grief of the heart.

My nephew Aaron works for the FBI and will be at Dover when Christian arrives. My biggest nightmare is that he will have to identify Keith.

Keith comes home in March from Afghanistan and Kenny Blewett in January from Iraq, please pray for them and I in turn will be praying for your family.

Linda Casserly