Wednesday, April 12, 2017

5000

Well, actually it was 5388!

Back all the way to February 7, 2003!

Sigh!!!
I know how to create folders and also delete!......But how could my inbox have gotten away from me like that?

However, it was like a trip back memory lane for me.

The good...no, the great times, and the not so great!  No, the really awful, painful, tragic times too.

There were pictures from reunions, weddings, camp, gardens, Dubai, Jon doing a c-section, 50th high school reunion, my neighborhood birthday group, Korea, Norway, Turkey Bowl, chickens, dogs and cats!

 And a lot of Dominic files!  Apartment renovations, home and camp improvements and Inn creation.

And Dessert Night preparations and Sunday School lessons, and Save Historic Canton meetings!

The lunch and dinner invites and thank you's.  I hadn't realized how much entertaining we really engaged in.  I think we must have had Ann over every night for dinner from all her thank you's.  And I would actually like to remember the recipe I used for a luncheon that Liz Daniel attended.  The turkey wraps I made and tied with a ribbon sounded really good....so if I ever did send the recipe, Liz, send it back because maybe I'll try that again!

And through it all I could sense God's presence and faithfulness.

I did shed quit a few tears last night as I reread all the notes from people around the country that November day.  Darlene and Rick's flight itinerary.  Ethan's organization from his NYC office.  Cancellation of Christmas Family skiing vacation.  My friend, Barb contacting all our Birthday Lunch group and had them over for tea and a time to pray for Liz and our family.  And friends from the community sending words of sorrow for someone they really didn't know, except they loved our family and could imagine our pain.

And my Hope Lodge experience.  We became great friends, the people who had rooms together and shared the kitchen, on the fourth floor.  We lived life together for seven weeks down on 34th Street.    Radiation and chemo experiences, encouragement and love.  And I realized I was the only one who did not die that first year.  I could see I had stayed in better contact with the spouses and plan to try to reconnect.  And here at home, my church family was sending cards and Sarah Tulloch was organizing meals based around a soft diet.

And now we have met people from all over the world at the B&B.  Who would have guessed that a family from Bangledesh would visit for a week, or a family from Holland, France, England, Mexico and Spain would come to little Canton.  And a production company, a governor, a mayor, an assistant vice admiral of the navy and a NHL hockey player!  Quite a diverse group and all fun!

And best of all, the addition to our small family of spouses and our beloved number #1 granddaughter, Harper Pearl.  Her smiling little face on our email screen brightens even the gloomist north country day!

So now there are 2757 left to delete or file.....hmmmm.  I think I'll leave that to another day!

No comments: