Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spring and Lilacs

I love spring in the north country. We're so happy we survived another winter. And the color green seems to revitalize us up here and make us happy and full of energy.

Liz and I went to a friends farm last week. Their sheep had just three sets of twins. You can see one sheep nursing both twins at once.



The youngest caught one of the older twins in the barn so we could pet it.



Are these in my future at 44?



The flowering crabapples are gorgeous in the spring. All the trees are bursting with the most lovely shades of pinks, reds and whites.




We moved here from Pennsylvania 23 years ago. We had bought 42 and with it came a whole row of mature lilac bushes. Lilacs have always been one of my favorite bushes. Their scent is intoxicating. Rob moved to 42 in May and the children and I joined him at the end of June. He flew home to Pa one weekend with one whole suitcase full of lilacs. So sweet and it gave me something to really look forward to, especially in the spring. I think the north country is the perfect place to grow lilacs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let us know when you are ready for some chickens. I think farm fresh eggs right from the backyard would be a great draw for the new b&b.
Love,
Jude

Spider Lady said...

Not a spammer here! I was doing a search for my name, and guess what? We have the same name! Both first and last! Oh very odd!!

But I go by Meg, not Margaret!