Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Poster Child

I'm not boasting. Really.

But, I think I may be the new poster child for radiation.

The man in charge of directing this journey met with me this afternoon in his office. He could not believe how in tact my skin is at this particular part of the journey.

And that I was still swallowing without difficulty, unheard of. He was so pleased and surprised.

He should not be, he is one of His people, chosen and called out. A people who know about power and miracles, promises and fulfillment, a Father's love and tender care of His children.

But I know the one who is really directing this journey and He has everything under control. He is giving wisdom to the doctor. He is giving technical expertise to the technician. (every day I heard how "beautiful and wonderful" i do with each session).

And I can sense the support of those who have invested their time interceding for me and for my success. The side effects are minimal and some have appeared due to my own carelessness. I should know how important hydration is to the success of physical function.

However, I may have to employ Carina, to help Him out in the hair department, if we continue at the current pace. It may be one funky hairstyle at the end, but who knows.........maybe this will be the start of something new!

4 comments:

danica said...

I love you so much and am so glad to read everything you write -- but especially this, that His hand is on you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful report!
Less than half way to go!!
The North Country awaits you!
Love you!
Jude

Anonymous said...

From your writings, God's hand is all over you and those who are working with you. What a glorious report of His faithfulness and knowing the power of prayer and peace. Now, if anyone could make a funky hairdo, or any kind of do that would amaze people, it would be Carina, wouldn't it!! In my prayers and thoughts daily and you are a blessed woman with many who love, appreciate and value who you are in Him. Bonnie B

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about you lots and lots. Can't wait to see you back here in Canton! I look forward to helping you with a new hair-do! ;) The sun has been shining here all week and your gardens will be anxious for you to start grooming by the time you get back. Take care. Lots of Love.