Thursday, October 16, 2008

She Did It/ I Did It!!


She signed up in May to support TAPS. She had never run in a race, she had never run 10 miles. And run and train she did.

She finished the Army Ten Miler, running.

The picture above was at the 8 mile post.

The small crowd of family gathered at the 8 mile post wildly waving signs of encouragement and shouting cheers of support. Ethan, Laura and Lars jumped in with the girls at that point and ran to the finish with them.




I'm so proud of Liz, Maja, Rachel and Meka!!
I Did It Too!
Rob and I went to the Adirondacks to climb our first High Peak. We brought Otis. He scampered right up to the top while we took many rests and breaks to catch our breath and regain a normal heart rate.















It was beautiful at the summit. Cascade has a 360 degree view. I can't believe it but one month short of my 60th birthday I climbed my first High Peak. I want to do all 46 of them now. However, Ethan told us that Cascade was the easiest one. Wanting to have a good positive experience we thought we would start at the bottom of the difficulty chart.
I had to rethink my strategy for the next mountain climb though. If I wait to attempt the most difficult one, I may be 80 years old by then. So I think I may have to attempt the most difficult next and work my way down.
I'd better wait till Ethan can guide us to the top!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I applaude you and give you a standing ovation for accomplishing that climb. It's wonderful seeing so many people so active! God is going to heal me, bones and all so that maybe some day I can make that climb as well. You have inspired me Margaret. I enjoy reading your posts.
Blessings, Nancy C.