Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2



They say that time heals all wounds.

My experience is that time brings back a flood of memories. And they bring joy and sorrow.

No, we do not grieve as those that do not have any hope. But we grieve.

This was their second anniversary. And he is not here with her. It was too short and it certainly is not right.

One of my first thoughts on November 8th was that God is good. That reality kept flooding my consciousness, I guess as an anchor for my soul.

But God's goodness is the foundation of our faith. So I believe.

"I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord."

I believe to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I believe that His goodness is reaching out to Elizabeth and will continue to do so. I have seen her be of great courage; to get up, to go out, to receive love and compassion from loved ones, church family and village friends, to go on. And I have seen the promise of a strengthen heart waiting.........

No comments: