Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Surprise 30th Birthday



I had a quick trip to Kansas City over the weekend to celebrate a very special lady in our family. It was a surprise party for Jen to cheer her on as she enters into her third decade!!

And boy, was she surprised.

It is actually her birthday on the 9th, but Laura and Demi had planned this party in advance of the day to completely throw her off. She was totally unaware of all our scheming. So many of her family and friends were able to come which made it a fun party. And we had wonderful Kansas City Barbeque for dinner. What a treat!

Laura and Kristen had made up this game, Jen Jeopardy. It was so creative and fun. Which team of 10 people could answer the questions asked, all with different points. My team did not win, but came in a close second.

We also played a game with acronyms. I must say that Jen's friends were certainly very witty but Kristen's husband, Mark, got the prize in my book for creativity and sensitivity.

We; Jen, Laura, Mark and Kristen, went out to brunch on Sunday with Ed and his new wife, Ikuko. So we had some time to just be with family and catch up on everyone's doings; house hunting, house selling, new jobs and a fairly new pregnancy.

I had stayed with a dear friend of my sister's, Peggy, and it was good to catch up on each others families. She actually will be coming to visit the North Country later in July with her daughters and a friend.

I must say it was warm, sunny and beautiful in KC, quite different from upstate NY this week. But I am holding out hope for the rest of the week that we will see the sun and my little tomato plants will make vast strides in upward development.

1 comment:

Jen Fox said...

It was the best b-day surprise and gift EVER! Thank you again, Aunt Margaret, for coming out. I LOVE my new plants and flowers as well as the bird bath. It was the best evening! Thank you for making it so special and for celebrating with me. It meant a lot. Love you!
Jen